Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp

Under Soviet Control - Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp

10 August 2010 Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg was a major concentration camp used by the Nazi regime from 1936 through to Soviet liberation in 1945, the Soviets then used it as a NKVD Special Camp until 1950. In 1956 the East German (DDR) government set up a national memorial on the site giving emphasis to political resistance (Against […]